Providing trusted legal counsel for credit unions, banks, businesses and individuals in the Tri-state area since 1989.
Mitchell B. Pollack
ATTORNEY AT LAW
I enjoy figuring out the unique aspects of each dispute. I work with my clients, most of whom have been with me for years, to reverse engineer problems. I know what concerns keep them up at night and I work with my clients to resolve those concerns in an efficient and cost effective manner. Sometimes, however, the only resolution is trial. I enjoy trial work and we are fully prepared to take every case to verdict if necessary.
Over the years I developed my practice representing credit unions from across the country in matters ranging from basic contractual disputes to high-stakes litigation.
My firm has been representing credit unions of all asset sizes since 1989 and I have been lead counsel on complex litigation matters including: shareholder (member) bylaw disputes, breach of contract actions, discrimination defense, defamation actions, regulatory disputes, fidelity bond litigation and the defense of claims asserted under various state and federal consumer statutes. We have also represented corporations of all sizes from closely held corporations to publically listed entities in various business disputes.
We have litigated claims in various state and federal courts both at the trial and appellate levels and in alternative dispute resolution forums including arbitration. A number of our cases have been reported in news publications. In 2012 we had the first reported appellate level decision in the nation, which held that an Article 78 proceeding cannot be asserted against a federally chartered credit union.
Our firm also offers more basic services for our credit union clients in connection with mortgage lending, foreclosure litigation, contract drafting and regulatory and contract reviews. We look forward to hearing how we can help you.
- University at Buffalo Law School, Buffalo, New York
- J.D. with Honors - 1984
- Honors: Recipient, Honors in Ethics
- Honors: Recipient, Trial Practice
- State University of New York, Cortland
- B.A. - 1981
- Honors: cum laude
- Honors: Member, Economics Honor Society
- Honors: Member, Political Science Honor Society
- Village of Dobbs Ferry, New York, Village Prosecutor
- New York State Bar Association
- American Bar Association
- New York State Credit Union League Attorneys Association
Current Employment Position
- Credit Union and Banking Law
- Commercial Litigation
- Employment and Labor Law
- Bankruptcy Litigation/Creditor’s Rights
- Real Estate and Real Property Litigation
- Contracts and Business Law
- Commercial and Residential Foreclosures
- New York, 1985
- New Jersey, 1985
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of New York
- U.S. District Court Southern District of New York
- U.S. District Court Northern District of New York
- U.S. District Court Western District of New York
- U.S. District Court District of New Jersey
- U.S. Court of Appeals 2nd Circuit