How Workers Can Protect A Sexual Harassment Claim
You should never feel threatened in the workplace. Sexual harassment claims must be taken seriously, and you deserve an attorney who will fight for you. At Mitchell Pollack & Associates PLLC, we listen to each client with the compassion they deserve.
Together, we will help you navigate the complicated legal system and find the best possible solution. We have helped clients throughout New York and New Jersey when it has mattered most.
What Can I Do?
Understandably, you may not be sure what steps to take after facing these complicated circumstances. There are a few things you can do to protect yourself and hold the right person accountable:
- Review your employee handbook and follow all policies.
- Put your complaints in writing, including as much detail as possible; this includes time, location and any witnesses.
- Report your situation to a supervisor; if you don’t feel comfortable, discuss it with human resources.
- Talk with your loved ones and family members.
- You have the right to contact the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (EEOC), which enforces a safe workplace.
Most people are often intimidated by reporting sexual harassment claims. They worry that it could affect their career or their future, but there are laws in place to protect you. Employers are legally forbidden from retaliating against any employee who reports sexual harassment. We can help you take the appropriate steps.
Don’t Wait; Call Us Today
Everyone deserves a safe work environment. If you have been the victim of an assault, we are here to help you from beginning to end. We have two convenient offices in Tarrytown and White Plains. Contact us today at 914-610-3418 or fill out our contact form online.